This job is no longer available
Maersk Oil Trading is looking for a talented individual with interest in the gasoil markets to join the gasoil desk.
The position as gasoil buyer is based in our Copenhagen office and provides a unique opportunity to be part of an international trading environment. Maersk Oil Trading's gasoil desk - currently being established - will initially manage a yearly flow of 300,000 tons of marine gasoil worth around $300 million.
Your main responsibility will be the day-to-day purchasing of gasoil for the entire vessel fleet in the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. Your tasks will include the following:
- Time the market and negotiate with suppliers in order to secure the best possible deals for our customers
- Maintain and develop relationships with customers and suppliers
- Minimize and resolve any operational challenges related to delivery of the gasoil
- Handle disputes that arise as a result of short-deliveries, off-specification fuel and de-bunkerings, in cooperation with the quality department
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's operating model
The chosen candidate will be part of a learning organization with considerable emphasis on personal development and sharing of best practice.Your profile
As the chosen candidate will be exposed to a wide range of challenges, we are looking for a well-rounded individual. Requirements include:
- Strong appetite for commercial performance and the business acumen to match it
- Solid sense of judgment and ability to work independently
- Strong personal drive and a proven track record for quick learning
- First rate analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Previous exposure to the gasoil markets will be an advantage
You must thrive in a constantly evolving landscape and be able to keep calm in a sometimes hectic environment with high stakes involved. As some of the deals will be executed in the US and Far East markets, you should be willing to work out of normal office hours (e.g. evenings) when required.
Candidates will likely hold a master's degree, although this could be compensated for if a candidate has exceptional personal characteristics and highly relevant experience. Newly graduates are also encouraged to apply.
About the company
Maersk Oil Trading is a young, enthusiastic team dedicated to building a unique organization and superior business results. As a subsidiary of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, we take pride in combining our strong heritage with a new and innovative approach to our business. Our main activities are the sourcing of marine fuel for the group's vessel fleet but we also do derivatives trading and the hedging of the group's combined oil activities. Read more about us on www.maerskoiltrading.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Submit your application through www.maersk.com no later than 15 August 2012. For more information about the recruitment process please contact HR Partner, Therese Buhl Worm at 45 33 63 51 44.