Vessel Manager to an Expanding Fleet
Due to expansion of our fleet we are looking for a Vessel Manager, who is ready to join our Vessel Management team, located at our Copenhagen office. The right candidate will join a motivated team with focus on delivering high quality of technical operations at our vessels. Consequently the position contains great potential for development and influence.
You will be responsible for:
- Overall management of the assigned vessels
- Implementing safety and environmental standards so that the assigned vessels are capable of operating safely
- Ensuring that the vessel’s management team are adequately supported for the vessel to be in compliance with classification and flag documents in a valid state for trading
- Vessels budgets
- Engaging in resolving technical issues on the assigned vessels
- Close follow up on the vessel’s maintenance ensuring optimal operational efficiency
- Ensuring vessel is tradable at all times
- Securing all ship staff adhere to the company quality guidelines and procedures
- Responsible for our performance leadership program on the assigned vessels
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Marine Engineer with excellent results
- In-depth marine experience preferably obtained from both onboard and ashore positions
- Relevant experience in a shipping company and at least 3 years in a similar position
- Marine experience as engineer preferably, but not mandatory, onboard a tanker vessels
- Excellent at team working and motivating vessel staff
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills
- Customer focus and ability to communicate easily with both technical and commercial staff
A contract on local Danish terms, a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including bonus, pension and health insurance.
For further information regarding the position, please call Vessel Group Manager, Jan Lindgaard Høyer (+45) 39 17 81 28 or HR Assistant, Carina Cappelen (+45) 39 17 93 84.
Please submit your application and CV via below "APPLY FOR JOB" or our website as soon as possible.
Your application will be treated with confidence and our reply will be send to the email address from which you submit your application.
The people of TORM are our real asset and we believe in ensuring the best possible working environment, both at sea and ashore. In TORM, we enjoy working together in a professional, international and informal working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and gives room for ambitions. The people of TORM are different nationalities, ages and gender, and TORM support equal rights for all employees.
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 80 vessels. TORM was founded in 1889. The Company conducts business worldwide and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. TORM’s shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.torm.com