This job is no longer available
84180 - Maintenance Engineer
Our client is an expert in the execution of large and complex projects, providing worldwide support to clients from the conceptual design stage to engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Maintenance Engineer, based in Delft.
* Define the critical equipment and strategic spares for the Company vessels;
* Set up preventive maintenance schedules of critical equipment on board of the vessels;
* Ascertain that the maintenance of equipment complies with all legal requirement and safety standards issued by IMO, flag states, classification agencies, Company or other relevant bodies;
* Standardise preventive maintenance schedules where possible;
* Define the administration to be done on board to preserve maintenance history;
* Assist the Technical Superintendent in monitoring and control of the execution and administration of preventive / corrective maintenance onboard;
* Promote full and correct administration of maintenance tasks performed by crew;
* Analyse the executed maintenance by using key performance indicators (KPI) and use these analyses as a steering tool for continuous improvement;
* Supply technical support for the Planned Maintenance System to the Vessel Management Teams and office;
* Have an open eye for new maintenance concepts and investigate their potential use
Skills & Experience
* BSc / MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Technology or equivalent;
* Considerable relevant experience in an offshore or marine environment;
* Knowledge of rules and regulations of classification agencies / IMO. The numbers of years experience determines the seniority of this position
This is a permanent position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 84180.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.