This job is no longer available
Orion Group are looking to recruit a Marine Construction Advisor for our Perth (WA) based client. We are working with an Australian Oil & Gas company who are one the world's leading producers of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to meet the demands for cleaner energy in the Asia Pacific & other regions.
To work closely with EPC Contractor to ensure safe and timely construction of Marine Facility and Infrastructure works of Client LNG Project in Western Australia. The works include:
* Approximately 2.1 km long Jetty
* Two load out berths
* Approximately 1 km of island seawall
* Integrated Marine Facility which includes Early Offloading Facility (EOF), Material Offloading Facility (MOF), and tug heavens etc.
* Approximately 14M m3 of dredging
* Intake structure
* Navigational and berthing aids system; and
* Associated infrastructure, warehouse, pump house, and office buildings of the marine facility
The incumbent will be overseeing the EPC contractor to ensure the above is being performed and constructed in accordance with the project guidelines & to the project timeframes, ensuring safety is adhered to at all times.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* To undertake the duties of a Marine Engineer on site supervising Client Resident Engineers/Site Engineers and Inspectors for the construction of LNG marine facility and the associated infrastructure works
* Ensure that the EPC Contractor's construction is conducted to the quality required, and in accordance with the drawings and the project specifications
* Ensure that the EPC Contractor's construction work conducted compliance with local and national legal requirements
* Ensure that all EPC Contractor's construction complies with standards of safety
* Ensure that all EPC Contractor's construction work is carried out by adequately competent and diligent work forces, considering the nature of the work
* To manage and coordinate EPC Contractor Maritime Technical Queries and RFI's (Request for Information)
* Review/Accept the EPC Contractor's Construction Method Statement/Procedures/ JSA's
* To document EPC Contractor's construction progress and maritime conditions (i.e. down time etc.) as part of the progress reporting for management
* If situations arise that may lead to unsafe products and conditions, report the matter to the Project Manager
* To contribute to assessment of EPC Contractor progress claims and contractual claims and disputes
* Ensure that work is carried out appropriately for the purpose
This is a permanent position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 72987.