This job is no longer available
Ultra Electronics Sonar Systems have a new requirement for a Principle Systems Engineer to support on an initial 6 month contract. Candidates would ideally have experience of Naval/Sonar platforms but a defence background is essential.Important
Naval Systems EngineeringThe Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Weymouth site for a Principal Systems Engineer to support the AWD Project.
The successful candidate will support the specification, build, test and documentation of the SIM/STIM hardware and software.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Generate and maintain specifications for the SIM/STIM deliverables
• Participate in the selection of suppliers as required
• Monitor build of deliverables to ensure they meet specification
• Develop test plans, monitor tests and document test pass fail criteria.
• Ensure all required technical documentation is complete to support delivery of the hardware and software deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Experience of Systems Integration and Testing
• Experience of working on military projects
• Experience with Requirements Capture and Management
• Electronics, Physics, Computer Science degree (or similar or equivalent experience).
• This role requires security clearance to UK SECRET level
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK