This job is no longer available
84889-1 - Lead Piping Buyer
Our client delivers engineering, procurement and construction management services to the Oil & Gas industry. Employing over 28,000 personnel throughout over 100 offices worldwide, they strive to be the preferred global provider of technical, project and operational services.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Lead Piping Buyer, based in Farnborough.
* Work under supervision of the Procurement Manager and the Purchasing Supervisor
* Leads a team, plans and prioritise their own and their team's workload for all Purchasing duties with regard to pre-qualification of international suppliers, budget estimate support, issue of enquiries, evaluation of quotes, purchase order award and administration through to close out in support of project operations within established Project Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures
* Write purchasing strategies, setting up and executing Frame Agreements
* Other duties as assigned
* Liaises with Client team members at all levels, other Project team members and suppliers on a regular basis.
* Direct supervision to buyers (junior to senior) and technicians
Skills & Experience
* Significant experience required in similar position
* Extensive total industry specific experience
* Be able to demonstrate comprehensive experience of all aspects of the procurement process for piping bulks orders, including purchasing strategy development for major/complex projects
* Proven experience of setting up and executing Frame Agreements for Piping materials
* Strong knowledge of the international supply market in terms of mills, manufacturers and stockists
* Experience of leading a team
* Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be fully computer literate
* Candidates must be free and able to travel if required for business meetings
* High ethical standards
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
* Modular project experience
* Not essential but working within a joint venture, multi office project team is desirable
* Kazakhstan project execution experience
* College degree
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 84889.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.