This job is no longer available
85247 - LNG Control Room Technician
Our client is an international Oil & Gas company providing energy worldwide. Operating facilities and marketing products in the majority of the world's countries, they also carry out exploration for oil and natural gas in six continents.
They are currently recruiting for the position of LNG Control Room Technician, based in Papua New Guinea.
* Responsible and accountable for operating the LNG Plant and that the facilities meet all quality and performance expectations.
* Responsible for providing direction to the Field Operations Technicians and liaising with other Control Room Technicians (CRT) on job safety requirements to ensure that subordinates understand the work objectives, safety, health, environmental, OIMS and security concerns.
* Responsible for supporting the Lead Operations Technician in providing oversight of site activities and ensuring they are integrated and conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
* Responsible for leading the Operations Emergency Response activities relating to the CRT position.
* Provide support and coordination with the Systems Completion team in start-up and commissioning of the facilities.
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience on major Client Operations or similar - required.
* Considerable experience as a Control Room Technician including field operations - required.
* Considerable experience in oil and gas handling facilities - required.
* Expert in production operations/processes.
* Expert in DCS logic and layout.
* Expert in P&IDs, PFD's and UFD's.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85247.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.