This job is no longer available
83510 - Field Mechanical/Piping Inspector
Our client is an international Oil & Gas exploration and production company. Employing over 900 people, they operate several producing properties as well exploration and development properties worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Field Mechanical/Piping Inspector, based in Gabon.
* Provide a range of mechanical and piping (M&P) discipline Field Inspection, Completion and Commissioning engineering services for onshore Oil and Gas production facilities
* The work will be carried out on onshore Oil & Gas Production Facilities which will include multiple remote Well Head Pads, Manifolds, Production Flow lines to CPFs/PPFs and associated equipment
* Train and assess field Company operational personnel during commissioning and hand-over activities
* Keep Site Supervisor or Lead Engineer up to date with M&P installation status and informed of any quality issues
* Perform inspection during fabrication activities as planned within the Company Inspection and Test Plans ITPs & ITRs
* Completion of inspection check sheets and visual examination of components such as piping, valves, rotating equipment and other multi discipline system components
* Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems
* Attend and contribute to site and project technical meetings as necessary
* Witness Contractor's activities and endorse Suppliers' and Contractor's quality records, as appropriate
* Witness acceptance tests and perform final quality check prior to acceptance of equipment and materials, as appropriate
* Provide early warning of potential quality problems
* Perform quality inspection activities in accordance with the Quality Plan
* Review Contractor's and Suppliers' completion files for accuracy and accuracy
* Provide M&P Commissioning services as part of the site completions team during pre-commissioning and final commissioning phases of the projects.
* Assist and support contractors and vendors throughout the completion (MC,PC, COM, Hand-over) phases of the projects
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience on major upstream oil & gas projects
* Relevant technical qualification (HNC or above) or professional international equivalent (subject relevant to the oil & gas industry).
* Proficient in the following :
* Inspection & Test Plans
* Experience in the installation and commissioning of mechanical and piping systems, including:
* Broad range of Piping and Mechanical equipment used in the global Oil & Gas industry
* Diesel & Gas driven Generators
* High-speed rotating equipment, including pumps and compressors
* Utility and Plant equipment
* Pipeline Systems
* Piping specification, pre and post test inspections
* Equipment and piping preservation requirements
* Equipment and piping cleanliness requirements
* Knowledge of the functionality of Completion Management Systems
* Good practical engineering / workshop skills
* Good problem solving and fault finding skills
* Experience in West Africa working environment
* Knowledge of a global process and minimum standards management system
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 83510.