This job is no longer available
85244 - Gas Integrity & Controls Engineer
Our client is an international Oil & Gas company providing energy worldwide. Operating facilities and marketing products in the majority of the world's countries, they also carry out exploration for oil and natural gas in six continents.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Gas Integrity & Controls Engineer based in Brisbane.
* Our client is currently looking for an Associated Gas Integrity and Controls Engineer on a major LNG project in Papua New Guinea. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing the Operator's contractor studies and deliverables to ensure consistency with all aspects of the project plan and standards (i.e. pipeline life extension, commissioning, integrity studies, etc.). This role is based in Brisbane with visits to PNG when required.
* Key accountabilities include:
* Provide overall engineering support as well as construction support as needed
* Appraise Operator's and Operator's contractors performance in planning and execution of the engineering, procurement, and construction with regard to safety, quality, schedule and cost
* Interpret the Technical Specifications in cases where it may be ambiguous or incomplete, and where necessary, seek the input from Company Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
* Take leadership of export riser integrity studies and pipeline integrity studies with assistance of SMEs
* Resolve integrity issues associated with the existing pipeline, platform, and risers, and any further reviews of the tanker loading line and CALM buoy system
Skills & Experience
* General knowledge of:
* Subsea and Pipelines Engineering and Construction and some onshore experience
* Project Controls
* Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices for pipelines, platforms, risers, and buoy systems
* Experience of Client practices, processes, and expectations with respect to construction and facility integrity
* Bachelor of Science degree in a recognized engineering discipline
* Significant closely related project management experience preferable
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs; high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively with an OBO Operator, within a project team, and to communicate with project management and contractors
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85244.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.