This job is no longer available
85460 - Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is an international Oil & Gas exploration and production company. Employing over 900 people, they operate several producing properties as well exploration and development properties worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Electrical Engineer, based in Gabon.
* Responsible for the planning and execution of design engineering activities for all Facilities projects to ensure the delivery of safe, high quality, but â€œfit-for-purposeâ€ facilities with the best economical efficiency and on schedule delivery. These include instrument and electrical engineering design and drafting activities.
* Responsible for development of equipment and facility specifications, and technical evaluation of bids.
* Interface with corporate Facilities Engineering team for technical assistance where required.
* Responsible that all electrical and instrumentation design activities are executed according to set specifications, and are delivered on schedule.
* Ensures sufficient resources are made available to complete the engineering design activities through proper activity and resource planning.
* Implement and manage a Management of Change system for modifications to existing production facilities.
* Ensure that HSSE is considered in all engineering design activities, and contribute to continually promoting, communicating and reinforcing the critical importance of safe HSSE working practices within the existing operations and in the design and modification of new facilities. Ensure compliance with company policies and international standards for new facilities.
* Ensures company and contractor personnel have required qualifications to execute all aspects of job safely and efficiently.
* Carry out other tasks as may be assigned by the Projects Manager from time to time.
* Perform Instrumentation engineering duties in accordance with Company instructions and within the requirements of Company's HSE requirements
* Guide and assist in the training of Gabonese technical personnel to attain capability to execute the services in accordance with generally acceptable and good oil industry standards and practices.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85460.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.