This job is no longer available
85340 - Senior Civil Marine Engineer
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Civil Marine Engineer, based in Nigeria.
* Carry out all necessary engineering analyses, including global analysis, structural Finite Element Analysis, to support engineering design of FPSO and SPM mooring systems.
* Prepare drawings and technical/project specifications and datasheets for the mooring systems in line with functional requirements as stated in the Basis of Design.
* Carry out installation analysis for mooring systems including the re-assessment of the Bonga Main mooring system. Analysis would be performed for various methods of installation as may be required using Company in-house proprietary softwares.
* Development and compilation of tender/bid packages for the mooring systems.
* Contribute to the development of global analysis/mooring engineering skills of young engineers to be able to carry out such work.
* Undertake front-end studies, as required, to identify and develop performance improvement changes
* Ensure that all proposed modifications allow safe operation of facilities and maintain technical integrity
* Participate in design reviews, audits and other mooring related reviews
* Contribute to SNEPCo mooring & related discipline in association with other Company units so as to support lateral learning
* Demonstrate personal commitment to company HSSE objectives and motivate own team to be HSSE champions.
* Participate in the provision of mooring engineering support to new and on-going projects in DWP.
* Coach any assigned offshore discipline engineer
* Support the Deepwater Projects Organisation in the delivery of:
* Green field projects: Currently two (Bonga SW and Bonga N), >US$20 billion, >400kbopd production
* Responding to significant cost pressures in both project delivery and SNEPCo business while helping to create a sustainable organization.
Skills & Experience
* BSc/BEng in structural engineering, marine engineering or naval architecture with significant offshore structural engineering experience incorporating the following:
* Considerable design experience at level for studies and detailed designs of mooring systems
* A good understanding of Industry, DEPs and Company Design Standards with the ability to challenge standards and current engineering practices
* Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team as well and to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
* A strong commitment and demonstrable effectiveness in HSSE management is essential.
* Working knowledge of the following software is mandatory: Orcaflex, Mathlab and ANSYS,
* Working knowledge of SACS, USFOS and COSMOS will be an advantage Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviours will be taken into account during the selection process.
* Strong interpersonal skills - able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and culture, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
* Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85340.