This job is no longer available
85642 - QA Engineer
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of QA Engineer, based in Malaysia.
* Support the Commissioning Execution Strategy through early verification of assurance and quality control activities
* Assure effective QA and QC for specific areas within the Asset Integrity and Completions Team's workscope.
* Plan and manage QA and QC support for the offshore completion of Punch-lists including Classification and Certification issues
* Participate in or lead Quality Audits to ensure adequate close-out of actions and findings to support RFSU
* Ensure compliance to quality requirements.
* Provide leadership and QA/QC guidance for the execution of the Offshore Hook-up Phase.
* Accountable for supporting the HSE management of quality personal and inspection contractors (Mode 1).
* Support the Project Flawless Project Delivery program. Assure the appropriate "Q" areas are established and managed
* Support investigations of project activity failures or quality issues that may affect RFSU and Asset Handover. Verify these quality issues are appropriately mitigated.
* Assist the Project Teams in developing and executing key processes associated with RFSU such as Site-Query Management, NCRs and MOCs Close-out Management and Job-Card Management and verify appropriate levels of close-out of same.
Skills & Experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Be able to demonstrate Enterprise First behaviors.
* Strong service provision mindset with a "customer" focus.
* Ability to work under tight schedules.
* Ability to influence others.
* Adequate fitness and health to meet offshore worker requirements.
* Degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent recognized qualification.
* Considerable to extensive experience in the petrochemical industry with minimum 5 years providing QA/QC in local fabrication yards for offshore projects.
* Familiar with Technical Assurance and verification processes and activities.
* Able to apply quality tools to problem solve effectively and improve work processes.
* Knowledge of QM and HSE management systems.
* Quality auditing.
* Solid understanding of design verification processes.
* Experience verifying mechanical completions scope for Oil and Gas projects.
* Experience leading others and coordinating activities.
* Ability to interpret technical standards and drawings including P&IDs .
* Knowledge of industry standards (API, ASME, etc), National regulations/standards.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85642.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.