This job is no longer available
85585 - Project Manager
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager, based in Iraq.
* The Projects Team delivers and assures Infrastructure, Application, and Telecoms projects across the business based in Iraq.
* The Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the project(s) that are considered to be in their scope based on the ins year portfolio. The number of such projects within said scope varies dependant on business priorities, size and complexity and is reviewed and agreed with the PMO on a regular basis to ensure optimal efficiency.
* The Project Manager will lead a team of IT&C personnel, consultants, and offshore staff to ensure that project planning and execution are rigorously managed applying good project management practice, CVP and project management principles.
* They will be required to work in close collaboration with the IT&C management team and their clients to ensure successful delivery of the programme of projects.
* Working closely with the functions to plan projects and get business and IT&C approvals. Monitoring and reporting project performance.
* Working with operational support to agree requirements for handover
* Handing over deployed systems to operational support
* Close liaison with key stakeholders to support requirements management process
* Leverage and apply CVP as appropriate in service of delivering project targets and develop CVP
* Gate Deliverables (DSP's) at appropriate stage gates
* Ensure project is effectively resourced
* Manage project team activities to deliver on agreed targets and budget.
Skills & Experience
* Relevant PM accreditation (e.g. PMP, APMP, PRINCE 2 Practitioner)
* Thorough knowledge of CVP (or alternate stage gate decision process) and underlying project methodologies
* A strong project management background gained within an international organisation managing projects through the entire project lifecycle.
* Core competence in Planning, Cost Estimating, Risk Management, Performance Management, Quality & Delivery Assurance.
* Experience in IT product development, testing and deployment preferably to a geographically diverse client set
* Understanding of IT support systems and practices e.g. ITIL
* Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with other teams and organisations
* Demonstrated ability to develop and implement project plans and
* Demonstrated ability in team leadership
* Experience of working with offshore delivery teams, supplier management and contracting.
* Experience working with technical and non-technical teams across a broad range of geographies.
* A desire to understand the business context of the projects and deliver high value to the business
* Ability to assess integrity and appropriateness of potential IT solutions
* Excellent record of stakeholder management
* Experience in software development lifecycle having driven and built products of commercial grade quality
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85585.