This job is no longer available
Key Responsibilities are:
· Form strong working relationships with all tug crew and operational management.
· Cost effective maintenance and repair of the fleet and associated plant and facilities.
· Provision of timely advice to Port Operations staff on the condition of the fleet and any matter likely to affect the availability of any vessel in the fleet for duty.
· Preparation of docking specification, budgets and reports as well as maintenance and repair budgets, and monitoring of expenditure against those budgets.
· Supervision of surveys, dockings, overhauls and other repairs and timely communication with operational management on emergent issues affecting scope and cost of repair tasks.
· Manage fleet compliance with company policies in regard to:
- Maintenance and the planned maintenance system
- Safe operation of the fleet
- Pollution control
· Manage port maintenance employees, spare parts store and workshop activities.
· Inventory control including management of State based critical spares parts and, where authorised, negotiation with suppliers over the cost, availability and supply of stores and spare parts.
· Co-ordinate the use of labour and equipment to minimise maintenance costs, monitor progress and evaluate results.
· Manage the availability of employees and spare parts for emergency repairs.
· Recommend improvements to maintenance policies and plans to optimise the availability and productivity of plant and equipment.
· Supervise the operations of a maintenance team carrying out repairs and a planned maintenance program.
· Participate in the selection, installation and commissioning of new tugs and equipment.
· Liaise with operational management to co-ordinate repair work, statutory safety inspections and supply of new plant and equipment with production schedules.
· Consult with Port Operations Staff to plan maintenance schedules, labour requirements and work programs and ensure the regular maintenance of plant and equipment.
· Prepare maintenance budgets for approval by senior management.
Contact Alister Dalton on 61 (2)49202220 with any specific queries or visit www.svitzer.currentjobs.com.au for further information and to apply for the position.