This job is no longer available
Are you a field sales manager with experience of selling products and services within the marine industry? Would you like to put your sales skills to the test within a rapidly growing sales division of a leading global brand?
World Fuel Services currently requires a Regional Sales Manager (Marine Lubricants) to support the implementation of its international sales strategy within its Marine Lubricants division.
World Fuel Services Corporation is a global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine and ground fuel products and related services. The Marine Lubricants division is an emerging division which is growing rapidly internationally and therefore requires a Regional Sales Manager to assume responsibility for increasing awareness of its marine lubricants among commercial shipping and cargo businesses across Europe.
The Regional Sales Manager (Marine Lubricants) will be responsible for coordinating all marine lubricant sales and marketing in Europe and Scandinavia. This position will work closely with the existing marine lubricants sales force to develop potential customers for contract and spot deals and reports directly to the Lubricants Global Director.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Grow the sales of marine lubricants through existing clients and develop new customers.
- Implement a sales strategy to increase World Fuel Services’ market share in the UK and European markets.
- Creating value added services for our lube customers.
- Responsible for securing long-term contract sales.
- Coordination of spot sales by working closely with Bunker Brokers and Traders on the procurement of one off deliveries of lubricants.
- Manage, develop and nurture customer relationships.
- Achieve agreed sales targets within designated sales territory.
- Develop new business in the areas of tankers, containers and offshore.
- Undertake face-to-face sales and combine customer visits to be as effective as possible.
- Compile visit reports and customer contact details.
- Attend pre agreed shipping and lubricant seminars, conferences and exhibitions.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (BACKGROUND AND SKILLS):
- Experience of selling products and services to senior managers and company owners within the marine sector is essential.
- Proven relationships and knowledge of the marine sector is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential along with the ability to forge strong relationships with senior managers and company owners within the marine sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of brokering high value sales contracts are essential.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness to travel throughout Europe to meet with existing and potential customers.
- Ability to present to internal and external senior managers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering or a related discipline is desirable but not essential.
- International sales experience is desirable but not essential.
- Fluency in additional languages other than English.
- Experience of selling lubricants or fuel products within the marine sector is highly desirable but not essential.
Please apply through the World Fuel Services company website via the "APPLY NOW" link
Please submit your CV along with a Covering Letter detailing your suitability for the position in relation to the person specification.