This job is no longer available
85803 - Seismic QC Rep
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Seismic QC Rep, based in Baku.
* The On board Navigation QC (Nav QC) provides technical and operational programme assurances of the navigation and positioning aspects of seismic surveys conducted for the company.
* The Nav QC will evaluate the contractor's navigation procedures, equipment and personnel to assure compliance with the company's contractual requirements and data quality expectations.
* The Nav QC is an active participant in onboard HSSE programmes to support the goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no damage to the environment.
* The Nav QC reports to the company Seismic Project Manager while maintaining strong ties to the other onboard QC representatives shore based the company supervisors and onboard seismic contractor management and navigation personnel.
* Review and accept pre-survey calibrations and navigation and positioning instrument tests on behalf of the company.
* Review the performance of navigation instrumentation during the course of the survey verifying that readings are being taken within acceptable tolerances and that positions are within acceptable distances from pre-plotted locations.
* Approve the methodology and process of reducing navigation information to a format acceptable to data processing.
* Develop a good working relationship with contractor's senior personnel on board the vessel.
* Provide input to the daily reports being submitted by the Acquisition QC.
* Participate in drills, safety meetings and any contractor safety programmes such as STOP.
* Perform at least 2 SOCs each week and foster the development of behaviour based safety management skills within the crew.
* Fully comply with the company's "Seismic and Survey Field Representative - HSE Leadership Standard", including requesting performance feedback at the end of the project from Contractor Party Chief and the company Seismic Project Manager.
* Provide navigation and positioning input to the final report being prepared by the Acquisition QC.
Skills & Experience
* Considerable experience working in the seismic industry.
* Considerable experience working with marine seismic navigation and positioning systems.
* Fully cognizant of the technical and operational requirements of the survey.
* Pro-active in assuring delivery of the project operational and technical performance targets
* Knowledgeable in Getting HSE Right and the 8 Golden Rules
* Fully cognizant of the project HSSE Plan.
* Physically capable of performing essential tasks aboard seismic vessels (stair climbing, grasping and lifting objects of up to 50 pounds, etc.) and have acceptable vision and hearing.
* Valid offshore safety training and HUET certificate
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85803