This job is no longer available
To satisfy immediate demand, LRQA is looking to recruit a high calibre professional to lead and conduct ISO9001 and ISO14001 assessments and associated sector scheme certification. Job Responsibilities:
What is the role accountable for and what are its key responsibilities?
-*Undertake client management activities for assigned customers.
*Lead or participate in preliminary assessments, assessments, follow-up visits, surveillances and certificate renewals to contract and budget requirements.
*Comply with LRQA procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
*Produce verbal and written assessment reports on time and to the agreed format.
*Discuss and justify the findings of the report and agree the outcome with clients.
*Undertake necessary documentation, data, administration and communication activities needed to successfully fulfil responsibilities
*Pursue CPD and maintain a high degree of of discipline knowledge and awareness
*Coach other employees
*Identify new and additional business opportunities; advise clients on LR and LRQA services and action any resulting leads.
*Lead or participate in special projects. Job Requirements:
Location: Hampshire and Surrey (or surrounding areas)
Qualifications: Degree or HNC/HND qualified in Construction discipline.
- At least 5 years (post graduate) recent experience in the Construction and Mechanical Engineering industries including high stress metal fabrication is essential.
- In addition to the above, experience in other industries would be desirable.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of quality management systems including knowledge of relevant UK legislation is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of Environmental and Health & Safety Management include relevant UK legislation is desirable.
- Professional membership: Relevant professional qualification/membership (e.g., CQI, IEMA, NEBOSH) is desirable.
- Registered lead assessor (IRCA, IEMA) is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written skills is essential.
- You will need to be pragmatic and credible and have a high standard of personal presentation.
- You will need to have some experience of working on standard MS software packages, i.e. Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook
- The position is home based, but will require travel mainly throughout your region, but occasionally abroad, with some periods away from home.
- You will need to have a valid driving licence and the ability to work in the UK.