This job is no longer available
85995 - Offshore Marine Supervisor
Our client is an international energy services company operating in engineering & production facilities, well support and gas turbine services. Employing over 28,000 personnel worldwide they operate in 50 countries.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Offshore Marine Supervisor, based Offshore (Aberdeen).
* Responsible to the OIM for the safe and efficient operation of the installations marine systems.
* Responsible for effective management of all marine operations, including in-field activities of all vessels, maintaining the highest regard for safety and the environment.
* Direct operations in accordance with statutory regulations, company and client procedures to realise asset, business and HSE Goals and Objectives.
* Responsible for ensuring the competency of marine personnel through development and training,
* Ensures correct and accurate completion of all Marine department data and reports,
* Responsible for ensuring the co-ordination of all vessels in the area e.g. SBV, supply boats
* Responsible for ensuring that all Marine maintenance activities are completed in a correct, safe, timely manner and that records are maintained.
* Responsible for coordinating operations with the IST Members
* Responsible for ensuring all lifting operations are in compliance with statutory and company regulations and procedures and maintains records accordingly
* Responsible for ensuring that the installations stresses and stability remain within acceptable limits at all times.
* Responsible for ensuring the correct and efficient gas freeing of tanks in preparation for entry
* Ensure the correct and efficient maintenance of Life Saving Equipment
* Instructs and supervises installation personnel of all matters relating to marine and deck activities being carried out, matters of general safety and the proper conduct of their duties
* Liaise with HSE and Certifying Authority on all Vessel and Marine Issues
* Ensures proper standards of housekeeping and cleanliness and adequate stocks of back-up equipment is available or on order.
* To maintain marine equipment in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with all statutory requirements.
* Maintain complete and accurate records within the Maintenance Management System
* Adhere to all legislative, environmental and company standards and procedures
* Ensure a safe and comprehensive handover is given at shift or crew change with all pertinent operational and maintenance information to relevant personnel.
* Provide constructive input to meetings, planning, initiatives etc.
* Ensure all work is conducted in full compliance with the Safety Management System, including vessel safety regulations and positively support all safety initiatives and improvements
* Proactively contribute to delivery against HSE plans and improvement objectives.
Skills & Experience
* Valid, Unlimited STCW Master Mariner
* Ballast Stability level 3
* Relevant offshore oil and gas or pertinent industry experience
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85995.