This job is no longer available
TORM is presently looking for an experienced Technical Superintendent, who is ready to join one of our high performing fleet groups, located at our Copenhagen office. The right candidate will join a motivated team of superintendents, purchasers, vetting and SQE officers who in a strong teamwork focuses on delivering high quality operations of our vessels and with a high focus on customer needs. Consequently the position contains great potential for development and influence.
You will be responsible for
• supervising the assigned vessels, their general condition, maintenance and procurement of provisions, stores and spare parts etc.
• inspection of the vessels
• preparing docking specification and quotations and recommends the final choice of supplier
• carrying out docking of the vessels
• implementing safety and environmental standards so that the assigned vessels are capable of operating safely
• ensuring that the vessel’s management team are adequately supported for the vessel to be in compliance with classification and flag documents in a valid state for trading
• the maintenance of the vessels budgets
• close follow up of the vessels maintenance to ensure optimal operational efficiency
• ensuring that all ships staff adhere to the company quality guidelines and procedures
The ideal candidate profile of the applicant would have
• Relevant experience in a shipping company and at least 3 years in a similar position
• In-depth marine experience preferably obtained from both onboard and ashore positions
• Relevant degree within the maritime sector
• Excellent teamwork qualifications
• Fluent in both spoken and written English
• Solid presentation and facilitation skills
• Customer focused and able to communicate easily with both technical and commercial staff
• Willing to travel on fleet assignments, 30-50 days a year.
The job will be challenging involving independent tasks as well as teamwork. With TORM, you will have the opportunity for personal and professional development and growth. The working environment is flexible in an informal global organization.
Further information regarding the position can be obtained from Fleet Manager, Jan Høyer, telephone 39 17 92 00.
How to apply:
Please forward your application by clicking on the "APPLY NOW" and no later than 16 May 2012.
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil products as well as a significant player in the dry bulk market. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 140 modern vessels in cooperation with other respected shipping companies sharing TORM’s commitment to safety,
environmental responsibility and customer service.
TORM was founded in 1889. The Company conducts business worldwide and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. TORM’s shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen (ticker: TORM) and on NASDAQ in New York (ticker: TRMD). For further information, please visit