This job is no longer available
Research and Innovation within the Maersk Line IT Enterprise Architecture department is seeking a Research and Innovation Architect preferable with business experience from Maersk Line.
Maersk Line IT supplies global solutions and connectivity to more than 35,000 A.P. Moller - Maersk employees in 118 countries. Some of the keywords in our work environment are: Innovation, Creativity, Challenges and Personal growth. You will build a strong international network through extensive liaising with stakeholders worldwide and access a wide range of further career opportunities within Maersk Line IT and the rest of the A.P. Moller - Maersk organization.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to research on and identify technologies that look most likely to bring significant benefit to Maersk Line within acceptable levels of risk. You will cooperate with world-class IT partners and research companies, and gain knowledge within many technology areas
The Research and Innovation unit has the responsibility;
• to research emerging technological trends and best practice in the IT industry and the shipping/transportation industry and recommend practical improvements;
• to help business planners understand how technology will shape business models and processes;
• to provide a continuing stream of technology driven business opportunities to Maersk Line;
• to identify and invest in the right emerging technologies and methods early enough to gain advantage, but late enough to manage risk;
• to build bridges to the business units, end users and other parts of the IT organization;
• to establish partnerships with academia and the vendor/partner community;
• to prototype and demonstrate new capabilities;
• to ensure that knowledge is disseminated to all the stake holders
Research and Innovation Architect reports to the Head of Research and Innovation.
Research and Innovation Architect works closely with the rest of the Research and Innovation Unit, Business Units within Maersk Line, other IT Architects, Research Companies, Vendors and Universities
You will monitor, evaluate and select emerging technologies that is to bring into the organization for the right purpose at the right time.
You will be giving responsibility for Research Themes that is typically expected to reach the necessary maturity for Maersk Line's business profile within 5 years. These Research Themes will kick off a number of Research Profiles, which you have responsibility to ensure are researched.
The Research process you will be following will:
• Ensure business focus and context
• Seek out relevant technologies
• Identify those technologies that look most likely to bring significant benefit to the organization within acceptable levels of risk.
• Investigate emerging technology candidates. It include paper and hands-on investigations, as well as prototyping and piloting, to understand each technology's value, and eliminate or at least identify remaining risks and uncertainties.
• Inspire, educate and involve other people to obtain the cooperation and support of all those who will influence the successful adoption of the technology by the business.
• Transfer responsibility for a new technology
Among other items the Research and Innovation Unit will research on:
• Service-Oriented Architecture
• Social Collaboration
• Technologies in the shipping / transportation industry
• Cloud Computing
• Big Data
• B2B Web Services
• Internet of Things
• Business Intelligence
You have developed your business skills through either working in a variety of business roles at Maersk Line or you have in other ways obtained a good knowledge of how Maersk Line is doing business.
You need not have prior experience in the enterprise architecture function or other IT experience, but you must have a keen interest in the business opportunities that technologies can bring.
Given the need to work with varied groups of people across the global organisation, including vendors, you will have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to sell your ideas.
Your Soft Skills preferable includes
• Curiosity and interest in the technical and business potential of new technologies
• Focus on knowledge transfer through people
• Networking skills
• Evangelism - Inspire others
For further information, please contact hiring manager Henrik Hvid Jensen on Tel 45 3363 5412.
About the company:
Maersk Line - a key player in global trade Maersk Line is the world leader in container transport, operating in more than 125 countries worldwide and employing over 21,000 colleagues. We offer attractive career opportunities to internationally-minded people in a wide variety of positions: from sales and customer service, via management, finance, processes to classic shipping operations and a host of other fields. Our philosophy could be defined as unity through diversity; we strive to be locally relevant and globally efficient, firmly rooted in the core values that have been ours for more than 100 years. With hundreds of container vessels operating around the clock, we want to act responsibly to improve our environmental performance and impact. This means constantly improving processes and developing technologies to be more energy efficient, eliminate waste and reduce emissions. We engage actively in the communities we serve - our Corporate Social Responsibility focus is on education and humanitarian aid, which we channel through a multitude of local projects executed in close collaboration with NGOs and the relevant authorities. Maersk Line is part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group which employs over 120,000 people across a varied range of container services, energy, offshore & shipping and retail activities.