This job is no longer available
79990 - HSE Coach
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of HSE Coach, based in Louisiana.
* Assist on HSE work plan development
* Provide onsite safety training for items including but not limited to Site orientation, Energy Isolation, Lifting and Hoisting, Confined Space Entry, Hazard Communication, Environmental procedures and Spill Control, Hot Work Procedures, Working at Heights/Scaffolding
* Participate and provide guidance on the Permit to Work process
* QA/QC of the JSA process
* Provide onsite coaching, consulting, inspection of the construction work
* Assist the construction team on assigned projects with HSE records and statistics
* Participate in evaluation of HSE performance of contractors and Company Site Team and recommend improvement alternatives where necessary
* Be to target 80% of time with the construction workers when assigned to a location
Skills & Experience
* Excellent planner and organiser
* Effective oral and written communicator with all levels in the organisation
* Independent, objective and decisive
* Understands management systems and processes
* Determine root cause(s) of problems
* Effectively lead and/or participate in diverse teams
* Discern the applicability of HS&E laws and regulations and Company policies and standards to any activity or situation
* Independent use personal computing applications, e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
* Must have current TWIC card, Safegulf training, HUET certification
* Extensive experience in the EP industry with prior HSE experience
* Technical (including HS&E) and operations assignments in one or more of Company's operating companies or businesses
* Prior experience in Hazard assessment/Risk assessment processes
* Applying HS&E statutes and regulations and company HS&E standards
* Supervisory assignment desired but not required
* Construction (offshore or onshore) experience desired
* Climbing involved and wear protective clothing and equipment on both offshore and onshore construction site environments
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 79990.