This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager - Stability, Loadline & Tonnage to join a global leader in marine classification.Important
Degree qualified in Naval Architecture, Ship Science, Marine Technology or similar.The Job
We are seeking an individual to lead the Stability, Loadline and Tonnage team within the Design Support Office. This is a Southampton based role, however you will be required to spend time both initially & intermittently in my clients London office.
Your duties will include:
- To lead the Stability, Load-Line & Tonnage (SLT) Section technical community with Design Support Office to provide consistent, technically excellent Marine design support services.
- To ensure technical consistency is achieved within the SLT Section liaising with other Design Support Offices, the Technical Directorate and Marine Product Development, as necessary.
- To manage the workload of the SLT section, initiating actions where appropriate to meet workload forecasts and development needs.
- To manage the SLT Section's expenditure and utilisation in line with agreed business plans.
- To develop, lead and manage the SLT Section's technical and personal training and development plans.
- To ensure that all tasks within the SLT Section are allocated, prioritised and dealt within defined
levels of service delivery agreed with the London Design Support Manager.
- To manage the processes and performance within SLT Section to achieve agreed monthly key performance indicators which have been agreed within the Design Support Office Manager.
- To ensure a client focussed service is provided which is based on technical quality and speed of response.
- To manage & coordinate the various activities that come under the responsibilities of the SLT.
- To manage external clients and promote Lloyd's Register's business with clients at all times.
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture, Ship Science, Marine Technology or similar.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution and Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Proficiency in the English Language commensurate with the work and able to influence both internally and externally.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Project Management process, gained through experience and training.
- Working knowledge of all regulatory bodies (LR, IACS, IMO, flag States and EU), including how they operate and interact.
- Proven experience of either design approval or ship design within the scope of both probabilistic and deterministic stability regulations.
- Prior experience of producing or approving stability conditions using NAPA software.
- Working knowledge of Load-Line requirements and various types of tonnage regulations.
- Knowledge of assessing work content when assigning tasks associated with Loadline, Stability and Tonnage regulations.
- Sufficient background knowledge of stability regulations to explain their justification.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK