This job is no longer available
The position is located in the Business Development and Operating Unit Support Team. The successful candidate will be part of a project team working on field development planning for existing Maersk assets, as well as with technical evaluations of new development opportunities. An important part of the available lead role includes the identification and screening of global business opportunities, data room visits and fast-track evaluations.
The successful candidate will be working within an integrated team including geophysicists, petrophysicists and reservoir engineers. The work location is Copenhagen, but travel and shorter international stays will be required in connection with project work.
Successful candidates will be working with an experienced, highly professional and demanding team and must therefore have the following qualifications:
- Self-starters with strong organization, analytical and communication skills
- Prior experience, and desire to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Fluency in written and spoken technical English
- M.Sc. level or higher in Geology
- Experience with reservoir characterisation in clastic reservoirs and 3D cellular geological models?
- Able to provide fully integrated geological models for use in reservoir simulation, and to describe model uncertainties and limits to team members
- Ability to define quickly the scope and scale of a study, depending on the amount and quality of data provided, and time available
- More than 12 years of upstream industry experience, either with an operating company or as a consultant
In addition to the above, one or more of the following skills will strengthen a candidate's application:
- Ability to integrate core, log and seismic data to define a sound stratigraphic framework for reservoir description
- Structural geology competencies, particularly in the assessment of trap integrity, fault seal and / or characterization of fractured reservoirs
- Uncertainty analysis for mapping, modelling and reserves calculations, using geostatistical approaches
- Previous experience from working in virtual teams
- Experience of successfully mentoring and coaching colleagues
- Experience with unitisation studies
For further information about the position, please contact Head of CPD Geoscience Henrik Tirsgaard on 45 3363 5203, Lene Clausen on 45 3363 4000 or Senior Recruiter Michelle Svensson on 45 3363 4000. Please apply online.
About the company:
Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with operated production of about 625,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. We produce oil and gas from Denmark, the UK, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Brazil and Algeria. Exploration activities are ongoing in Angola, Norway, the US Gulf of Mexico, Greenland and in producing countries. Turning marginal and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil's business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. Maersk Oil and its subsidiary companies are part of the Danish A.P. Moller - Maersk Group. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit our website at www.maerskoil.com.