This job is no longer available
86134 - Subsea Operations General Manager
Our client is a world leader in natural gas and a leading player in the global energy market. They operate in over 25 countries on five continents.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Subsea Operations General Manager based in Egypt.
Reporting to the Operations General Managers. He/she leads the Subsea Operations Team (SOT) consisting of a multi-discipline team of engineers (17) who's primary functionality is to - Safely and efficiently inspect, maintain and repair the existing subsea infrastructure to ensure the reliable flow of gas from the operating concessions. The position also ensures that both technical and operational resources are in place to allow the SOT to seamlessly assume responsibility for new subsea amenities at the time of handover from the project team.
The area of operational responsibility offshore expands to over 1800km2 including over 50 subsea wells, in excess of 250 subsea structures, 1000 km pipeline and over 500km of controls umbilical. The incumbent manages a full time Multi-role field support vessel including ROV and associated crew (40) to execute offshore intervention, repair, maintenance and inspection activities.
The vessel is supported from a naval base in Abu Qir where the area of operational responsibility expands to the Intervention warehouse containing the subsea spares and intervention equipment. It is here where they are stored, maintained and preserved in readiness for offshore intervention activities. The final area of operational responsibility consists of the topsides manifestations of subsea related equipment such as the MCS, HPU, MIU, TUTU etc located both onshore at the gas processing facility, offshore Controls Platform and the offshore production platforms. In addition to the areas of operational responsibility the incumbent has project associated tasks including operational technical support for the on-going major project portfolio and responsibility for receipt, testing and installation of Xmas trees from the drilling rigs.
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience working within operating assets particularly with subsea systems.
* Ability to develop and implement best practice systems to support safe and efficient operation of the subsea system
* Preferred engineering graduate in relevant discipline - Electrical, Instruments, Control, Mechanical.
* Professional qualification (Chartered Engineer)
* Ability to develop and implement best practice systems to support efficient delivery of the Subsea programme
* Knowledge of gas industry and gas chains desirable
* Knowledge of Arabic would be advantageous
* Fluent written and spoken English is essential
* Strong demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform with minimal input
* Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing multi discipline multi-cultural teams
* Strong Written and verbal communication
* Excellent interpersonal skills in a cross cultural environment and ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organisation
* Self motivated
* Patience and self-control
* Flexible thinking to develop ideas & technical solutions
* Determination to deliver.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86134.