This job is no longer available
As Vessel Stowage Planner you will have a unique opportunity to impact the development of this new company. The Vessel Stowage team will be responsible for the utilisation and optimisation of one of our most important assets - the vessels. You will report to the SEAGO IET Vessel Stowage Manager and be located in the Copenhagen area.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Responsible for safe and efficient cargo stowage for vessels/strings under your responsibility
- Ensure adherence to applicable international laws and regulations as well as in-house rules
- Responsible for optimal cargo operation planning through timely delivery of Stowage layout to terminals, accurate and clear communication with stakeholders (including vessel command) and delivery of optimal crane-split in line with pro-forma operations parameters agreed
- Reduce overall operational costs for vessels/strings under your responsibility
- Cooperate with terminals to deliver superior service and challenge limitations and capabilities where required
- Handle Out of Gauge, Dangerous Cargo and Change of Destination requests
- Identify opportunities to improve productivity and overall cargo intake
We are looking for a person who has had previous experience with vessel stowage, preferably for five years or more, or has a nautical background (preferable as chief officer) and is interested in learning more about the shipping business. The person should have a strong sense of detail and thrive in a dynamic environment, where flexible work hours can be required to accommodate vessel schedules and berthing windows. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of the shipping business and is a good team-player, having a desire to deliver superior service in cooperation with colleagues both locally and abroad in other parts of SEAGO and the A.P. Moller - Maersk organization.
What's in it for you?
As SEAGO will act as a stand-alone business unit you will have excellent learning opportunities being part of developing this new company. The right candidate will have the possibility to impact the development of the processes to ensure optimal vessel stowage planning and be part of a team who works to perform second-to-none operational services.
Please apply in English online by Friday June 22 2012.
As applications are reviewed on a daily basis, please note, that vacancies may be filled sooner than the deadline indicated. Therefore you are kindly advised to apply as early as possible.
For further information, please contact hiring manager Michael Holst on Tel 45 3363 1680 or via email Michael.Haddon.Holst@seagoline.com.