This job is no longer available
APM Terminals is one of the world's leading container terminal operating and management companies. APM Terminals offers the global shipping community a geographically balanced, integrated Global Port, Terminal and Inland Services Network which includes interests in 61 ports and terminals in 33 countries with 16 new terminal development or expansion projects underway, along with 132 Inland Services locations in 48 countries. Staffed by 24,000 professionals across 63 countries and spanning five continents, we serve every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry.
Business Implementation (BIM) is responsible for the successful implementation of the many projects we expect to secure in the coming years and for providing functional expertise within civil engineering, operations, to regions. The BIM team keeps providing centralized expertise for projects.
To strengthen our Global Transformation (GT) team, we are currently looking for a Global Transformation Support Manager. GT will allow us to leverage our scale and competences across APMT by building on our experience and know-how operating terminals. We aim to achieve a sustainable step change in productivity and cost efficiency by identifying and rolling out best operating practices and principles.
The position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global GT team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the General Manager of Programme Management Office (PMO).
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this role is to support the head of operations and the head of PMO to sustain the activities in the program. The activities for this role will evolve over time but will include analysis of benefit reporting, system administration, survey analysis and preparation of presentation material. A structured approach to both documenting materials and conduct analysis will be crucial for this role to keep order in a fast paced team with many travel days for most of the team members.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Survey analysis and administration.
· System administration for global reporting tool.
· Communication and presentation materials for executive forums.
· Analysis of benefit reporting material.
· Ensure that GT team adhere to and follow internal structure.
· Financial analysis and benchmarking.
· Various internal documentation maintenance.
· Ad hoc assistance where needed.
· APM Terminals regional offices.
· GT team.
· Corporate support.
· Bachelor/University degree.
· 2 years of experience within the area of support management.
· Superior communication, collaboration and problem solving skills.
· High quality awareness and able to work with constant care.
· High analytical capability with an ability to handle large amount of data, make sense of it and
communicate “what does the data tell us”.
· Good solid business mindset. Thrive with disciplined routine work while having the ability to adapt
· High sense of detail. Data/fact driven approach to problem solving.
· Strong ability to work in a multicultural environment.
· Humble and willing to be open to learn and to work with others in developing a new way of
· Excellent English written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
· A truly international working environment in a modern working location.
· Value and team-based leadership.
· An open and engaging working environment.
· A wide range of international career opportunities.
· Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
· Competitive compensation packages.
· Learning and career opportunities:
o Working with various functions within the organization.
o Experience a strong paced program environment.
o Multicultural diversity.
o Opportunity to create results that are highly visible and appreciated by the business.
o Exposure to senior management.
This position is a local position, based in The Hague and will remain posted until June, 1st 2012.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will contact request your staff card upon receipt of your application.
If you have specific questions about the job you are welcome to contact Sabine Wagter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the process, you are welcome to contact email@example.com.