Mercosul Line was established in 1999 and is a Brazilian ship-owner specialized transport of containerized cargo by coastal shipping.
Cabotage is an alternative to make the supply chain of various industries, contributing significantly to environmental preservation, shifting the demand for freight transportation land to sea transport, helping to reduce levels of pollution on the planet.
From February 12, 2006 became part of the Danish group AP Moller - Maersk Group.
The structure of Mercosul Line enables us to offer cargo transport services door to door integrated into the roadway and railways, transportation management and information flow management, offering integrated and customized logistics using intermodal terminals strategically positioned.
Besides the entire world economic crisis that the shipping business suffered in 2011, Mercosul Line stepped up and fought bravely against internal and external issues being able to make profit last year. It was certainly a hard working year but we have managed to sail through turbulent waters and we are now full steam ahead in 2012.
Our winning team is willing to receive on board another dreamer. Is that you?
As the Operations Senior Manager you will be in charge of managing the operations of the Mercosul Line fleet, being responsible for vessel stowage/planning, scheduling, day-to-day operations (through internal Service Level Agreement) while overseeing and supervising the Technical and Crewing management of the vessels.
The position will provide greater exposure inside the group, with recognizable impact in Mercosul Line results, through the interaction with internal and external stakeholders, it will provide a high degree of influence in the decisions impacting not only the daily operations of our service but also on the long term strategic issues.
It is expected from the ideal candidate not only to be able to deal with technical issues but also be a supreme leader and be recognized as a well-related person as this position has a high exposure to ports, terminals, vendors and to high level management of Maersk Group.
Main Responsibilities of position
- Be overall responsible for Operations in Brazil coast, as well as reliable services within Brazil Organization;
- Deliver KPI of Cost Leadership, Terminal productivity, Staff productivity, EDI, process excellence, corporate system accuracy;
- Negotiate contracts with different vendors within the position authority limits;
- Support commercial desk to focus on Operations department development;
- Establish good network with Terminals, local authorities, customers etc to ensure a continuing high market profile and image of Mercosul Line;
- People development of BRZ OPS;
- Cabotage operations
- Trucking knowledge
- Networking with different layers of the organization;
- Vendor management/contracts negotiation;
- All kinds of human behavior evaluation techniques.
- Attend meeting with vendors;
- Lead Direct reports by example. Keep team motivated bearing in mind this position is a leader of leaders;
- At all times look to optimize the locations result by identifying cost saving and business development opportunities;
- Keep department under Mercosul Line standard operating procedures and administrations procedures.
- At all times protect the assets and the interests of Mercosul Line;
- Ensure that our local internal structure meets the demands of our business and our responsibilities towards our principals.
• Good interpersonal communicator
• Result oriented
• Self motivated
• Strong leadership sense
• Organized and structured
• Vessel operations
• Stowage and planning
• Good insight of port operations
• Notions of ISM/ISPS/IMO/NORMAN
• Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet (user level)
Portuguese - Fluent
English - Advanced
10 years with vessel operations management
4 years leading others
for further information, please contact Gustavo Yazigi
Mercosul Line is a specialized Brazilian shipowner in the transportation of containerized cargo.