This job is no longer available
86262 - Food Security Manager
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Food Security Manager, based in Papua New Guinea.
* Responsible for development and management of a food security program for the region. Facilitate commercial opportunities in partnership with other business entities.
* Develop and Manage the North Fly food security program that will address the four functional areas:
* Farming Activities & Training;
* Extension Services;
* Commercial Entrepreneurship; and
* Research & Development
* Formulate and obtain approval for the Strategic Plan required for the delivery of the NF FSRC and Program.
* Provide leadership for the development and delivery of the North Fly Food Security strategy sustainable agriculture development programs as required.
* Coordinate and manage the engagement of consultants and manage their delivery of program objectives including skills transfer as appropriate.
* Develop project proposals in accordance with Program Rules requirements for review by COO and EMT prior to Board presentation and approval.
* Assist & advice the MIU Director and COO in preparing presentations capable of influencing the Board to support project proposals.
* Negotiate with proposed partner companies, contractors and consultants & SDP subsidiaries in order to make project agreements in accordance with the Board's approved feasibility studies and project plans and cost limitations
Skills & Experience
* Appropriate tertiary education qualifications in Agriculture
* Post-graduate in Agriculture Business & Development and Project Management
* Extensive experience in a similar role with considerable agriculture business and development experience as well as experiences in commercial operations and project management experience or an Agronomic technical educational hands on background.
* Ability to design, develop and deliver a range of programs at the four functional levels
* Proven people management skills with ability to lead from the front and accept responsibility.
* Demonstrates project management skills and expertise developed over a number of years to effectively manage and coordinate projects from feasibility, research, implementation and delivery.
* Proven capability to effectively plan and organise in order to achieve set targets and deadlines in a busy working environment
* Proven capacity in working with rural communities
* An understanding in working within appropriate government guidelines relevant to the job and able to provide sound advice to the Company on compliance with social and environmental implications and impacts of the project(s).
* Demonstrates effective analytical skills to evaluate statistics and graphical data including financial and business data to predict long term financial viability & sustainability of individual projects.
* Demonstrates capability to understand business plans, budgets etc and able to evaluate these plans and reports to assess previous company performance and associated risks to financial sustainability
* Good written and oral communication skills and able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people including documenting and reporting to enhance management decision-making
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86262.