This job is no longer available
We have a temporary vacancy at our Shipbuilding facility in Portsmouth for Hull QC Engineers. Reporting to the QC Manager, you will be responsible for supporting effective Quality management to deliver BAE Strategic objectives.Important
Previous Paint inspection experienceThe Job
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- To carry out inspections covering all aspects of the installation over the full period of the build.
- Ensure that all relevant Standard Procedures and Codes of Practice are adhered to and are implemented efficiently and economically.
- Responsible for the authorisation of documentation relating to all aspects of the Hull installation.
- Programming the production of installation/acceptance inspection documentation and test forms in conjunction with the Build Assurance Department.
- To work alongside the Commissioning team in supporting Setting to work
- Good IT skills in Word and Excel is desirable
The Successful Candidate will:
- Liaise with the Safety Department to organise and maintain safe working practices and working environment.
- Observe all health and safety legislations and procedures.
- Be organized and methodical in their working.
- Be Portsmouth based but be prepared to travel if required.
- Be prepared, if required, to conduct shift pattern work.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and qualify for security clearance.