This job is no longer available
86158 - Well Engineering Team Lead
Our client is a world leader in natural gas and a leading player in the global energy market. They operate in over 25 countries on five continents.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Well Engineering ICE Team Lead, based in London.
The Well Engineering Team Lead will have responsibility for monitoring global well operations and delivering expertise to support the assets in ensuring that the well objectives are met.
This is a key role with responsibility for providing timely and proactive support to ensure safe and efficient delivery of well objectives. The position holder will be accountable for reviewing on-going global operations and delivering expert advice. As such the position holder will be expected to have expertise in all functional areas including HSSE.
* Review on-going well operations.
* Identify and assess deviations that may impact HSSE or delivery of well objectives and intervene with through the relevant RWEM. Provide leadership to other disciplines to coordinate activities in support of operations.
* Develop effective working relationships with the asset teams to build a virtual team with the support and intervention role of the ICE.
* Influence and convince stakeholders and lead discussions on technical solutions.
* Support TQ performance on operated well operations.
* Identify areas for improvement, arrange and co-ordinate support in conjunction with the relevant RWEM as appropriate.
* The SME network to be utilised where required.
* Attend morning meetings and 24/7 rig morning calls to identify and deliver a high level of Well Engineering expertise.
* Support the wider ICE team with Well Engineering expertise and embed well engineering and cross functional workflows into ICE operations.
* Provide specialist technical skills to support the asset though planning and execution.
* Support to be co-ordinated with the Well Engineering team.
* Maintain an overview of well barrier integrity (the tool or system to achieve this to be confirmed).
* Prepare barrier integrity reports.
Skills & Experience
* Wide ranging industry experience across a variety of geographic locations and well types (land, offshore, deepwater, HPHT). Demonstrable expertise in all functional areas including HSSE.
* Previous experience of managing well operations or leading a well delivery team would be an advantage.
* Engineering professional educated to degree level minimum
* Fully conversant with Well Engineering minimum standards and guidelines
* Proven expertise in Well Engineering (casing design, fluids, drill string/BHA, rig equipment etc) gained in a range of operating environments.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with asset teams and internal management and stakeholders.
* A strong team player able to collaborate and work effectively within a cross functional team and a wider virtual team with the assets.
* Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision and ability to deliver results
* Ability to work with and mentor junior engineers both within function and other disciplines.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86158.