This job is no longer available
86316 - Offshore HSSE Superintendent
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Offshore HSSE Superintendent, based offshore in Kazakhstan.
* The project consists of an Onshore Utility site, an Onshore Process facility, 1 Offshore Hub Block D with Process Facilities, several remote Islands with wells and without Process Facilities, Onshore/Offshore Pipelines and drilling activities.
* Manage all maintenance activities associated with the production of oil and gas on the offshore facilities ensuring that safety, operability and quality are achieved according to budget in an efficient, safe, environmental compliant and cost effective way and in accordance with AKCO and future NCPOC procedures.
* Ensuring HSE of the offshore development during the execute phase. Once the facilities are in Operation, support the sites and team on all aspects with regards to Health Safety and Environment.
* Play a key role within the Start Up and Operations department of delivery team in preparing the offshore operations maintenance requirements in line with the SU&O department OR A plan.
* Manage the day to day offshore HSE Section which will execute HSE tasks at the offshore facilities and pipelines to processing all EP Phase 1 production. Approx 450 Kbbls/day.
* Direct reports approx 10 staff that include supervisors, technicians, contract staff.
* Hold a key role in the offshore site management team reporting directly to Offshore Site Installation Manager and functionally to the Onshore HSE Manager.
* Developing and promoting the appropriate HSE strategy and detailed procedures for offshore operations;
* Establishing and maintaining a focused and effective HSE culture concerning offshore operations;
* Actively monitoring all HSE systems, processes and procedures;
Skills & Experience
* Degree in an Engineering discipline;
* Medical Certificate of Fitness;
* Valid BOSIET Certificate (Basic Offshore Safety Induction& Emergency Training) or equivalent;
* Extensive experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industry, in senior role, to have included:
* SIMOPS activities procedures;
* PTW procedures;
* Experience in instituting and implementing accident and incident investigation;
* Knowledge and experience in FF equipment and protection equipment;
* Knowledge of EER procedures;
* Knowledge of high H2S environment working conditions;
* Knowledge of risk assessment procedures- HAZOP/HAZID;
* Experience in preparing reports and using statistical software packages;
* Knowledge of international and local codes and standards related to HSE;
* Membership of recognized professional HSE institution e.g. MIOSH, ASSE. The job holder must have the following: water treatment, waste treatment and related systems management
* Working experience on part of, or the entire, Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front line oil and gas production operations is desirable.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86316.