This job is no longer available
Job overview purpose
- To identify customer needs and requirements and potential to prioritise time and effort spent in selling
- To own, develop and deliver Yield volume targets from his/her allocated customers as budgeted in Insight
- To retain, up sell and cross sell from allocated customer portfolio to increase our share of wallet
- To secure business and develop the right mix of customer/Cargo/Corridor to fill the ships with the most profitable cargo.
- To understand the market, customer and Industry as part of feedback and learning
- To improve customer satisfaction and loyalty
Identify customer requirements and record opportunities against the right client owner;
For customers controlled by the account Manager additional responsibilities include:
- Qualifying opportunities using the qualification check list gates
- Presenting value proposition to Client
- Quoting to customer using the Quoting tool and the pricing guidelines
- Follow up/Negotiate on the Quote or tender
- Close business as won/lost and record reasons
- Timely and correct update of MARS contract with prices and terms agreed specifically but not limited to free time, detention and demurrage and credit
Ensure full penetration into and mapping of customers organization
Skills and Competencies required
- Personal competency development - it is the responsibility of the individual to ensure completion of the training and request additional development in other areas;
- Market and product knowledge;
- Relationship & Networking Management;
- Sales Execution;
- Effective call Management;
- Customer relationship Leadership;
- Sales process Management;
- Account strategy and Account Management;
- Systems management & development;
- Sound understanding of customer drivers, needs and requirements;
- Ability to leverages internal and external financial data to build winning strategies and understand account economics;
Should the above position interest you, please apply latest 25th May.
In case you require any more information, please contact Varsha.Naran@maersk.com.
About the company:
Maersk Line - a key player in global trade Maersk Line is the world leader in container transport, operating in more than 125 countries worldwide and employing over 21,000 colleagues. We offer attractive career opportunities to internationally-minded people in a wide variety of positions: from sales and customer service, via management, finance, processes to classic shipping operations and a host of other fields. Our philosophy could be defined as unity through diversity; we strive to be locally relevant and globally efficient, firmly rooted in the core values that have been ours for more than 100 years. With hundreds of container vessels operating around the clock, we want to act responsibly to improve our environmental performance and impact. This means constantly improving processes and developing technologies to be more energy efficient, eliminate waste and reduce emissions. We engage actively in the communities we serve - our Corporate Social Responsibility focus is on education and humanitarian aid, which we channel through a multitude of local projects executed in close collaboration with NGOs and the relevant authorities. Maersk Line is part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group which employs over 120,000 people across a varied range of container services, energy, offshore & shipping and retail activities.