This job is no longer available
86068 - Project Engineer
Our client is a global leader in electronic security and fire protection. Employing over 80,000 people they operate in a variety of industries including maritime, mining & petrochemicals.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Project Engineer, based in Manchester.
* Working as part of the Oil and Gas Fire Protection Team the role will involve but will not be restricted to the following activities. Production of technical documents in line with the contract requirements.
* This would typically be Operating and Maintenance Manuals, Certificate Dossiers & Commissioning/Test procedures.
* Procurement of equipment.
* Generation of progress reports.
* Working closely with the design team and senior Project Managers.
Skills & Experience
* Knowledge and experience of the Oil and Gas Industry is preferred but not essential.
* Confidence in liaising directly with clients and subcontractors.
* Good organisational skills and IT skills (Std Microsoft packages)
* Experience in working to client specifications.
* Knowledge of construction / assembly drawings
* Experience in keeping records and basic financial reporting procedures.
* Good Communication Skills
* Good Organisational skills
* Experience in working to clients specification
* Basic IT skills (Microsoft packages)
* HNC or equivalent
* Fire & Gas Industry experience
* Knowledge of fire protection products and systems
* Use of financial reports and spread sheets
* Keen to learn
* Must be able to work alone or part of a project team
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86068.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.