This job is no longer available
Are you up for a challenging and dynamic career? If you are interested in Budget Optimization, process improvement, participation in a truly global team liaising with MLIT offices in Copenhagen and London and in making great impact on the business, this could be the right job for you.
We are looking for ambitious, energetic and process minded individuals to spearhead the IT Business Controlling area and enable continuous improvement in line with the Maersk Line PEX (Process Excellence) strategy.
Principal Accountabilities :
The role consists of four key responsibilities: Financial Month-End Reporting, undertake & improve cost controlling, Budget management and Business Partnering, Support & Ad hoc reporting. The effective execution of these roles should provide a service which exceeds expectations of our internal customers in MLIT.
Financial Month-End Reporting
- Verification of actual and assessment of necessary accruals.
- Maintaining and updating of a payment plan.
- Financial review meetings with portfolio managers to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Update financial reporting system with estimates.
- Variance analysis to Budget and prior month including variance explanation report.
- Provide monthly briefing to Director of USM to explain status prior to review meeting with Centre Finance and CIO.
- Review postings to improve accuracy and resolve inconsistencies.
- Ensure a consistent approach to the standard Chart of Accounts including accrual policy, cost assignment and GAAP conformance.
- Analyse extracts of SAP data from Business Warehouse covering IT expenditure.
- Liaise with Purchase organization to ensure correct use of relevant account strings and materials for consistent reporting.
- Understand current requirements & assumptions, interacting with SCM Budget Manager and Centre Finance.
- Liaise with Portfolio Head and Delivery Managers ahead of reporting deadlines to explain forecast/budget requirements and query exceptional items.
- Establish Budget template and provide input to Centre Finance.
- Revise the controlling services catalogue to render services to the business.
- Undertaking ad hoc cost and operational reporting as required.
- Join in sharing best practice across the IT cost management community.
- Undertake special investigations including process improvement initiatives at the request of the Head of IT Business Controlling.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree Educated
- MBA or Master's/Bachelor's degree with Finance/Accounting
- 7 - 8 yrs of work experience with a strong Financial Reporting and Accounting background.
- Practical experience of SAP (both transactional and Business Warehouse)
- 2 years SAP experience
- 2 years SAP Business Warehouse/BI experience
- Knowledge of Cost controlling, Reporting/Budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to deliver quality analysis and presentations
- Awareness of IT technology and services
- Advanced level of Excel (Look-ups, pivots, basic VBA) and PowerPoint skills
- Proactive attitude.
- Structured approach to work.
- Tenacious attention to detail.
- Good analytical capability with a proven ability to execute against tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-drive, accustomed both to work independently and also be a team player.
- Extrovert and outgoing, able to build a global network of contacts.
- Process driven, seeking continuous improvement both personally and professionally.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders without losing focus of overall objectives.
- Willing to challenge both peers and managers on data and established processes.
- Available for occasional international travel.
- Head of IT Business Controlling
- Portfolio Head & other portfolio managers of User Services Management
- Central IT Cost Control team members in Copenhagen & London
- Maersk Line IT senior management (to Director level)
- SCM Local Control team colleagues
- Other SCM colleagues
- Centre Finance
- Other APMM functions requiring financial data on MLIT activities
- As part of a global financial control function, develop enhanced capability in applying Finance disciplines to support the business.
- Enhance technical competence in FACT/SAP.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of financial processes and procedures.
- Develop competencies within project management.
For further enquiries, please contact
Lilian Goes, Human Resource, Maersk GSC, Mumbai
About the company:
The A.P. Moller - Maersk Group is a worldwide conglomerate. We operate in some 130 countries and have a workforce of some 108,000 employees. In addition to owning one of the world's largest shipping companies, we're involved in a wide range of activities in the energy, logistics, retail and manufacturing industries. More information about the Maersk Group can be found at www.maersk.comThe Maersk Global Service Centres are spread across 6 sites with strength of over 9500 employees. The GSC is responsible for facilitating & executing off-shoring primarily for Maersk Line, however also covering all other Business Units of the APMM Group. The GSC has been extremely successful in doubling its size over the past 2 years whilst at the same time improving the satisfaction as well as processes of our business partners.