This job is no longer available
The newly formed team will be formed of 8 LCCs, one based in each of the Maersk Line regions across the globe. Each LCC will report to the Head of Local Cost Controlling in London, but also have a strong dotted line to a Regional Account Manager in their designated region.
This team of finance professionals will be a pro-active, value-adding function working with the IT function and local and central finance departments.
The goal is to provide clear and transparent financial results that enable strong cost management analysis and optimisation of Country IT spend.
The role consists of three key responsibilities: Technical Procurement, Financial Controlling and Financial Planning. The execution of these roles should provide a service which exceeds expectations of both our internal customers and external suppliers.
- Maintain relationships with requesting managers, discuss requirements, etc.
- Control local supplier relationship, quotes, invoice queries, etc.
- Ensure orders are placed following global standards using global or local systems.
- Ensure that the SAP 3 way match process is followed.
- Review/Analyse supplier contracts, with a drive to reduce number of suppliers through consolidation of contracts.
- Undertake Inter-cluster analysis of like for like spend.
- Liaise with local and central finance as required.
- Review Countries' IT financial accounts.
- Review postings to improve accuracy and resolve inconsistencies.
- Prepare proposals for inter-company recharges including Service Level Agreements.
- Prepare Accruals for goods and services received not yet accounted in FACT.
- Produce variance analysis of monthly actual spend vs. forecast and budget
- Ensure a consistent approach to a standard Chart of Accounts.
- Ensure local compliance with global standard processes, and actively participate in continuous improvement of these.
- Join in sharing best practice across the Local IT cost management community.
- Undertake ad hoc reporting and tasks as required.
- Complete bottom up line-by-line budget
- Explain and agree details with the Regional Manager
- Liaise with the Global Budget controller of Local IT costs to aid consolidation and analysis.
Experience and Key Skills
Technical Skills and Experience
- Finance professional with a qualification in Finance or 6 - 9 years relevant Finance
- 2 years SAP experience
- 2 years SAP Business Warehouse/BI experience
- Degree Educated
- Good analytical capability with a proven ability to execute against tight deadlines.
- Ability to deliver quality analysis and presentations
- Awareness of IT technology and services
- Advanced level of Excel skills (Look-ups, pivots, basic VBA)
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to think “outside the box” and work without tightly defined processes.
- Tenacious attention to detail
- High customer focus
- Drive for continuous improvement both personally and professionally
- Able to build effective relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, as this role involves dealing across many countries
- Able to work independently and also be a team player
- Available for occasional local and international travel
Learning description of the role
- As part of a global financial control and procurement function, develop enhanced capability in applying Finance disciplines to support the business
- Enhanced technical competence in FACT/SAP
- Active participation in continuous improvement of financial processes and procedures
- Head of Local Controlling
- Regional Account Managers
- Global budget controller for Local IT costs
- Local Control team members in other Regions
- SCM Central Control team members
- Local Maersk Line staff with technology procurement requirements and responsibilities
- Local Maersk Line finance departments
- Local suppliers of computer technology and services
For Further information on the opportunity, Kindly contact Ms. Lilian Goes, Human Resources
Email : Lilian.Goes@maersk.com
About the company:
Maersk Global Service Centers are spread across 6 sites with strength of over 9500 employees. The GSC is responsible for facilitating & executing off-shoring primarily for Maersk Line, however also covering all other Business Units of the APMM Group. The GSC has been extremely successful in doubling its size over the past 2 years whilst at the same time improving the satisfaction as well as processes of our business partners. In order for the GSC to adapt to the expected high growth in the coming years, we have created a scalable organization that allows for rapid growth combined with an enhanced ability to both standardize and deliver consistent processes & perform at a higher level. To enable the GSC to deliver on this, we are switching to a process based, organization - called the GSC 2.0 from 01st August 2011.