This job is no longer available
86547 - Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Electrical Engineer, based in Bristol.
* To manage teams of engineers/design engineers to deliver fit for purpose engineering solutions to designated timescales and budgets, ensuring minimum rework following checking whilst ensuring we exceed customer expectations.
* Undertake activities in addition to the job description as designated by line management
* Meet objectives as designated.
Skills & Experience
* Sound theoretical & practical knowledge; able to apply current technologies to new applications
* Develops solutions but requires guidance from others with difficult problems
* Requires guidance in assessing alternative solutions to identify the fit for purpose option
* Can select from current ideas and contributes to innovation Practical Application
* Has good all round experience and can manage single discipline activities
* Analyses issues logically and selects solution when faced with several options
* Achieves beyond set tasks when asked
* Allocates tasks, checks achievement against expectations & gives constructive feedback Leadership & Management
* Ensures cost-effective use of resources to achieve commercial objectives
* Analyses, monitors and controls expenditure to ensure team achieve financial targets
* Assesses and reacts quickly to customer needs and resolves their concerns
* Schedules own project/task & controls resources to meet budget and time
* Allows team members freedom to act on own tasks providing advice, support if required Communications & Interpersonal Skills o Establishes effective communications links with internal & external customers to avoid misunderstandings
* Consults and briefs others regularly, ensuring full understanding is achieved
* Prepares own case, emphasises the facts to win over others
* Improves others competence by coaching and identifying/ implementing training Professional Conduct
* Suggests improvements to existing systems & procedures
* Assesses Environment, Health & Safety risks to identify and remove the causes of potential hazards
* Is able to identify and work to appropriate standards in unusual applications
* Actively improving skills to enable career progression
* Responds to change positively, implementing required changes pro-actively
* HNC minimum, plus demonstrable relevant technical experience
* Selected candidate will undergo appropriate Security clearance
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86547.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.