This job is no longer available
Do you want to be part of establishing a new liner company in Europe? Maersk Line and Safmarine are in the process of establishing a new dynamic Intra-Europe liner company, Seago Line, to increase focus and agility and to grow market share.
There will be a combined customer service & sales support department working closely with external sales and we look for driven and flexible client coordinators to handle the daily contact with our clients. As a part of the team you will have a unique opportunity to be part of the creation and development of a new company. You will be part of the roll-out and continuous improvement of all processes and our customer satisfaction.
Area of responsibility
• Strive for high service and be customer focussed.
• Handle effectively all day-to-day communication with our customers, sales and other relevant departments.
• Follow up on shipments to ensure transport plan is maintained as scheduled and timely receipt of all required documents is in place.
• Ensure immediate and correct handling of all customer complaints, showing pride and passion in meeting customer requirements.
• Work actively with our shared service centre to ensure we can maintain high quality service levels towards customers and internal stakeholders.
• Ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty through excellent communication and the most efficient process execution.
• Take responsibility for the execution of the shipment lifecycle process incl. cross functional coordination.
• Execute efficient processes in accordance with legislation, company policies and standard operating procedures.
Essential job tasks
• Deliver good service with a smile.
• Ensure that customers receive the best possible service at all times.
• Handle day-to-day customer service (import & export) and sales support activities.
• Attend client's enquiries about the company products, services and processes.
• Coordinate with sales and other stakeholders regarding the specific client needs, forecasting and agreed terms.
• Keep customer informed at anytime if any changes to the confirmed plan.
• Ensuring world class caretaking of customer interaction and shipment processes.
• Coordination with internal suppliers and stakeholders with regards to sales, equipment, space, intermodal, foreign offices, finance, global service centre, etc.
• Be proactive and efficient, leading to reduced need for service recovery.
• Immediate attention to, and resolution of, service issues.
• Constant review of processes to find efficiency gains and off-shoring possibilities.
• Strive to learn about the customer and their needs.
• Stake-holder management.
• Develop customer service knowledge.
• Improve effective communication skills.
• Further development of international shipping and logistics knowledge.
• Commercial development while supporting sales department.
• Improved ability on creative problem solving through handling customer service related issues.
• Teamwork and general individual development.
The ideal candidate will be a person who has strong customer understanding. An individual, who focuses on constant improvements and has a flexible attitude. The candidate should also be efficient, decisive, detail orientated, result orientated, service minded and strive to have high customer satisfaction, while meeting personal and company expectations. A strong drive to give our customers a world class service is important.
We are looking for individuals who have business and customer service knowledge, with experience from Customer Service and/or Sales Support preferably in the transport/shipping industry. People who are open for change and have a sense of urgency. Excellent communicators who enjoy interaction with others. English and Dutch fluency are necessary.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to take on multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment and a positive mind-set and can-do attitude. The candidate must also have a high sense of responsibility and a focus on delivering excellence in the details.
Please apply on the job portal attaching your CV and cover letter. For questions regarding the job ad or position please contact Ellen Biesheuvel at Ellen.Biesheuvel@maersk.com