This job is no longer available
During 2011, Seago Line has started to handle the Intra-European container activities on behalf of the Group with the aim of becoming the trade specialist in the region. Seago Line's geographical scope includes the European region, all countries in the Mediterraneanarea, Russia and Baltics. As Capacity Coordinator you will have a unique opportunity to be part of the creation and development of Seago Line. The Capacity team is responsible for the operational optimisation and utilisation of one of our most important assets- the vessels. You will report to the Seago Line Capacity Manager and be located in the Copenhagen area.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Optimise utilisation of our network and vessels
- Reate capacity forecasts and operational requirements in close cooperation with String Managers
- Actively engage the commercial organisation in operational decision making, taking customers input into consideration
- Monitor move counts in the ports to ensure they meet operational capabilities
- Identify opportunities to enhance coverage, lower costs and increase capacity utilisation
- Apply creative thinking in order to drive innovative process improvements for all aspects of Capacity Management
- Influence the way we do capacity and operations in Seago Line
We are looking for a person who is ambitious, result oriented and has a strong drive to continuously deliver excellent performance and look for further improvements. The ideal candidate has Liner Operations background and minimum 5 years experience within shippingand/or operations/supply chain management.
To be the ideal candidate, you will also thrive in a dynamic environment, where urgency is key and where flexible work-hours can be required. You are a good team-player and have a strong desire to deliver superior service in cooperation with colleagues bothlocally and abroad in other parts of Seago Line and the A.P. Moller - Maersk organisation.
What's in it for you?
As Seago Line is acting as a stand-alone business unit you will have excellent learning opportunities being part of developing this new company. The right candidate will have the possibility to impact the development of the processes to ensure excellent capacitymanagement and be part of a team who works to perform second-to-none operational services.
For further information about the position please contact the Seago Line Head of Capacity Jacob Juhl Nielsen on email Jacob.Juhl.Nielsen@seagoline.com or telephone 453363 1620.