This job is no longer available
86743 - Lead Mechanical Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Mechanical Engineer, based in Abu Dhabi.
The Lead engineer mechanical is responsible for all engineering activities of his discipline. He can represent Company towards the client in mono-disciplinary projects. Within the Mechanical Discipline in a project the Lead engineer Mechanical is responsible for:
* Execution of all engineering activities in accordance with the project plan, standards, norms, and other regulations, while using latest hardware and software (such as Caesar);
* Coordination of engineering activities with the other disciplines in the project;
* Quality of the documents produced under his ownership;
* Exchange of information and communication with the client, the project manager and the other disciplines;
* Monitoring and control of budgets assigned to his discipline;
* Compliance with the project schedule.
* In the Department the Lead engineer Mechanical is responsible for:
* Preparing and maintaining work plans for the Department staff to achieve the highest possible efficiency and utilization of the resources;
* Maintaining contacts with existing clients and developing contacts with new clients, in cooperation and consultation with the Department Manager and/or a Management Team member and in the framework of the Company's strategy. This in order to detect opportunities, acquire new commissions, replenish the order portfolio and generally extend the Company's reputation;
* Reporting to the Department Manager at regular intervals, in particular concerning capacity utilization rate and work in progress;
* Taking responsibility for quality, safety, health, well-being and the environment within the department;
* Coordinating and taking responsibility for communication towards staff on the department's working methods and production (within internal and external quality guidelines, requirements and standards and in consultation with other departments within and outside one's own office) in order to assure the technical quality within the department.
* The Lead engineer mechanical reports to the Director Projects.
Skills & Experience
* Significant experience in multidisciplinary Oil and Gas projects
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSc/MSc/BEng).
* Have a broad technical background and excellent communication skills (in English).
* The job requires ability to work according to plan and a well-developed sense for technical and contractual matters.
* Key qualifications: ability to cope with stress, independent thinking, decisiveness and a strong focus on results.
* Have the ambition and capabilities to act as Deputy Department Manager and share tasks with the Department Manager in achieving departmental targets.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86743.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.