This job is no longer available
86767 - Marine Electrical Engineer
Our client is a world-class engineering, fabrication, project management and marine installation contractor. They've been providing services to the global offshore oil & gas industry for more than 80 years. Their projects range from deep water subsea facilities to the largest and most complex oil & gas production systems in the world.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Marine Electrical Engineer, based in Houston.
The Marine Electrical Engineer will be responsible for managing, maintaining and upgrading Marine Vessel power distribution and associated control systems as well as interacting and providing technical support to the Vessel electrical maintenance/repair crews.
* Ensuring primary consideration is given to HSE issues in all activities undertaken within areas of responsibility.
* Ensure approved, scheduled and applicable class required maintenance is performed on the power distribution and control systems of each Vessel.
* Provide technical support for diagnostics and repair of electrical systems, reference systems and reference/mechanical systems.
* Supervise/interact with all electrical maintenance/repair crews at various locations including offshore and marine support facilities.
* Familiarisation with each Vessel's power/control system and manage/coordinate and conduct periodic calibration updates & FMEA's.
* Periodically review Vessel power/controls systems logs and make recommendations for improved operation.
* Write and review system/equipment specifications, perform systems/equipment and vendor evaluations.
Skills & Experience
* Shipyard experience with new-build vessel construction, upgrades, conversions or repairs.
* Extensive Marine Construction Vessels experience required
* Must have a comprehensive understanding of Marine Power and control systems.
* Extensive experience working with marine vessel power systems, control systems and diagnostic systems is required.
* Electrical Engineering degree is required.
* Comprehensive understanding of power system management and Vessel control systems functions/responses and the ability to systematically coordinate recovery from transient or sustained period power system failures.
* Ability to fully trace, trouble-shoot and coordinate repair of power Systems, control systems and interfaces.
* Broad based knowledge of diverse power distribution systems, relay and PLC based control systems and familiarization with international rules and classification society standards.
* Must be willing to travel to land based and offshore locations for extended periods.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 86767.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.