This job is no longer available
The Customer Care Consultant, reports directly to the Customer Care Manager. The role of the Customer Care Consultant, is to take full responsibility for customer experience by managing the end-to-end shipment process in compliance with all company procedures and regulatory requirements.
As a person, the Customer Care Consultant makes an effort to understand and support customers and colleagues with issues and problems they may be faced with. The person listens actively for the opinions of others and acts in a diplomatic manner, which enables constructive relationships building. It comes natural to the Customer Care Consultant to prioritize time and energy on critical issues and to act proactively to resolve potential problems. The person maintains composure and patience under pressure and are able handle unexpected challenges, while at the same time supporting others. The decisions made are based on analysis and application of experience and provides partners and colleagues with the information they need in order to succeed. The overall behavior allows the Customer Care Consultant to challenge others in a constructive manner and is therefore seen as a trusted partner who others turn to and rely on for advice and help.
- Take ownership for any problems or issues encountered by customer and act as a primary point of contact for customers, be the Customer advocate internally in Maersk Line.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints with relevant desks to improve customer experience with Maersk Line.
- Identify and analyze root causes for issues escalated by customers to Maersk Line and identify means of preventing future occurrence.
- Prompt execution of exceptional handling cases while actively keeping customers and relevant stakeholders informed on the progress.
- Guide new and returning customers with end to end shipping services through the on-boarding program for import shipments.
- Support customer on best use of available e-commerce channels and applications leading to the improvements of customer felt turntime.
- Engage customers in performance reviews to discuss agreed performance standards and expectations with objective to constantly do better for the customers.
- Build and manage (internal/external) customer relationships through regular and scheduled sessions to discuss issues at hand and improvement opportunities.
- Be familiar with cargo / commercial claims policy and its impact on company assets and guide customers best possible through any potential claim situation.
- Be aware of demurrage and detention implications and its impact on company revenue.
- As part of Commercial Intelligence - build strong relationships with customers, gain an understanding for their business, service needs, drivers and desires and leverage this to engage in discussions about new business opportunities and competitor/market intelligence.
- Monitor process and result measures by support functions and identify opportunities to improve customer experience through customer felt measurements.
- Maintain open communication channels with 1Team Customer Service, monitor execution of processes and transactional tasks while remaining accountable for end results.
- Utilizes available systems to detect longstanding containers at transhipment and destination ports. Engage local operations to ensure cargo remain on schedule while maintain proactive communication to customers.
- Support and coordinate with 1Team Customer Service to ensure arrival notice and manifest is sent on time and related documentation task is resolve for swift cargo collection by consignee.
- Have an active dialogue with local customs to resolve manifest and cargo declaration issues while seeking opportunities to eliminate future issues to reduce delay on cargo clearing by consignee.
- Handle carrier initiated exceptions and customer initiated requests according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s and guidelines - and challenge these where relevant or where improvement opportunities are identified.
- Understand claims policy and its impact on company assets and guide customers best possible through any potential claim situation
- Ability to understand and support customers and colleagues with issues and problems they may be faced with.
- Ability to listen for the opinions of others and act in a diplomatic manner which enables you to relate and build constructive relationships.
- A trusted partner whom customers and colleagues can rely on for advice and help.
- Ability to look beyond the obvious and work thoroughly to identify the most appropriate solution by deliberately seeking to understand how to navigate within the organization and when faced with problems.
- Decision making skills based on analysis and application of experience, providing your partners and colleagues with the information they need in order to succeed.
- Ability to change your communication style to match the needs of the customer.
- Strong interpersonal skills with service oriented and empathetic mindset.
- Preferably have a degree or diploma in any field with work experience in a Contact Centre or Customer Service environment.
- Fresh graduates with a passion for customer service are also welcome to apply
- Fluent in English
About the company:
Maersk Line - a key player in global trade Maersk Line is the world leader in container transport, operating in more than 125 countries worldwide and employing over 21,000 colleagues. We offer attractive career opportunities to internationally-minded people in a wide variety of positions: from sales and customer service, via management, finance, processes to classic shipping operations and a host of other fields. Our philosophy could be defined as unity through diversity; we strive to be locally relevant and globally efficient, firmly rooted in the core values that have been ours for more than 100 years. With hundreds of container vessels operating around the clock, we want to act responsibly to improve our environmental performance and impact. This means constantly improving processes and developing technologies to be more energy efficient, eliminate waste and reduce emissions. We engage actively in the communities we serve - our Corporate Social Responsibility focus is on education and humanitarian aid, which we channel through a multitude of local projects executed in close collaboration with NGOs and the relevant authorities. Maersk Line is part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group which employs over 120,000 people across a varied range of container services, energy, offshore & shipping and retail activities.