DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Keep on reading to find out more about this role at Equinix!
Have you ever wondered what it’s like working within the Engineering department of a global datacenter and interconnectivity business? Well in effect, we keep the lights on! We ensure our clients, that range from SME’s through to global powerhouses, have connectivity and data security 24/7.
Equinix is in a period of global expansion to meet and exceed the ever-increasing demand for digital connectivity and security. With growth comes opportunity! With presence in 15 countries in the EMEA region (e.g. UK, Netherlands, Germany and France) we are always looking for new talent to join our great company!
So, what does the role involve?
The position of Mechanical Electrical Engineer will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. We are responsible for maintaining the electrical and mechanical infrastructure across the various sites. This is including and not limited to stand by power generators, AC units, chilled water systems.
- In this critical role you will be responsible for the facility infrastructure maintenance
- You will perform the site inspections and monitor the building and IBX (data center) alarms
- You will ensure preventative maintenance on site infrastructure is run (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or handled by vendors with your oversight
- You maintain repairs and run corrective maintenance on equipment
- In the role you are also responsible for preparing and carrying out planned maintenance
- Completion of site logs and data gathering for permits, such as MOPs and scripts is a key part of this position
- You will assist more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as directed
- You may be requested to begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
- Completes basic work requests and circuit installations
- Participates in ongoing infrastructure projects
- Carry out small works projects i.e. lighting upgrades etc
Who are we looking for?
Based in the UK, Germany, Netherlands or France, we are looking for people who are willing to work both independently and with a team. We are looking for people with key skills like work prioritisation, organisational skills, effective communication, the ability to react quickly in a critical environment and those that have the drive and determination to succeed with their job.
- A professional mechanical / electrical engineering qualification
- Previous experience in critical environments is desired
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure that could include H.V switching, UPS, generators, BMS, chillers, life safety systems
Equinix is one of the largest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide, currently in our 61st quarter of growth. That’s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal; global interconnection. With over 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 9,800 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
Due to strategic growth plans fuelled by an increasing demand for digital connectivity, we are recruiting across multiple functions (IT, operations, engineering, corporate functions, etc) at all levels and would be interested in hearing from individuals that are eager to develop their career through Equinix.
The role is offering
The opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still manages to keep a pioneer spirit. We offer you a competitive salary in return for your time and drive, sharing your knowledge and experience. On top of that, an annual bonus scheme and other attractive benefits, but overall an environment where you can flourish, grab opportunities and enjoy yourself whilst working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Exciting? We think so! Your journey starts here, so take the first step to become part of the Equinix family by clicking "apply for job" or send your CV to datacentrerecruitmentEMEA@eu.equinix.com.
Keep yourself up to date with Equinix news by browsing our website and subscribing to our LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook feeds. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to know more about the role, or check out our YouTube page to find out more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw